Golf de Chantilly was inaugurated in 1909. It was designed by JH Taylor and later redesigned by British architect Tom Simpson who designed many of the other famous golf courses in France like Morfontaine, Fontainebleau and Hossegor. After World War II Golf de Chantilly had an 18 and 9 holes course. Mr. Jean-Louis Dupont wanted to restore two 18-hole courses in Chantilly by realizing, with the help of architect Donald Steel, 13 new holes. The Vineuil "Old Course" course has now been modified with 3 new holes and an extension of 10 holes has transformed the Longères course into an 18-hole course of international standards.
Right now Golf de Chantilly has two 18-hole championship courses: the Longères course and the Vineuil course. Playing Golf de Chantilly is only possible during the week for visitors.
The Vineuil golf course of Chantilly was initially drawn by the English professional player M.Taylor who was a man who could not be more competent in the matter. The links course occupies an area of 50 hectares in the large Chantilly park and forms an 18-hole course with a total length of 6000 meters In 1920. The course was completely redesigned un…
Rebuilt after the Second World War, both golf courses have been modified. The Vineuil - is known as the "Old Course" course - and the 9-hole is now known as the Longères golf course. The former Canal course has been abandoned. The layout of some holes is still noticeable when arriving at the golf course and around the canal de la nonette.