The Olgiata area has existed for over 3000 years. Once home to the Etruscans who built the city of Veio in what is now Veio park, giving rise to a great civilisation, later overshadowed by the Roman Empire. Etruscans conduits and caves are still found in the area. Later, Olgiata’s lands became the battlefields of the great local families, the Anguillara, the Orsini, and the Chigi. These families fought against popes, who came from the very same families. Around the year 1000, in the Medieval era, the feudal system imposed a civic structure with the Castello (castle) or the Maniero (manor house) in the high lands, surrounded by ramparts and houses for protection. In 1566, a rich family of bankers, the Olgiati, arrived in Rome from Como buying up several pieces of land, including the Olgiata from Duke Paolo Giordano Orsini, duke of Bracciano, and calling the estate “Olgiata”. In 1578, Baldassarre Olgiati decided to expand the Olgiata lands, buying the whole Cesano area in order to turn the Olgiata into a fief and thus request a noble title from the pope. Although the family was granted the title Marquis, Duke Orsini took Cesano back after only four years. The Olgiata was traded, subject to bankruptcy, and put up for auction over the course of many years until Marquis Incisa received it as a wedding gift from his mother, a Chigi, in 1930. He moved there with his wife and turned it into a real farm, cultivating flax, barley, oats and wheat. The castle, built between 1400 and 1500, is a typical Roman countryside manor house with surrounding walls and four towers. The little chapel, decorated with magnificent frescoes, is located just outside the walls and has always been part of the San Pancrazio parish of Isola Farnese, a few kilometres from the Olgiata complex. Towards the end of the ’50s, this fabulous green oasis on via Cassi, just a few kilometres from Campidoglio hill, seemed ideal for a great big new golf course. That is how the Società Generale Immobiliare, owner of that little natural paradise, where the great, international champion racehorses Nearco, Tenerani and Ribot were born, sporting the Dormello-Olgiata colours, turned into a town which, soon, also became a sports centre with golf course, swimming pools and tennis courts.
The course consists of two courses, the West Course and the East Course, with a total of 27 holes; it was opened in 1961 and designed by English architect C. Kenneth Cotton. The West Course, the older of the two, consists of 18 holes. Events of particular importance, including international ones, have been held on this course, such as the 2002 Ital…
Percorso Est 2/2
The newly created East Course, on the other hand, is a 9-hole, par 36 course with a length of 2,947 metres. Far from being an executive course, the East Course is a real course in its own right, on which various competitions are played.
Frequently asked questions by our community about Olgiata Golf Club.
What is the green fee price for Olgiata Golf Club?
The price of a green fee price at Olgiata Golf Club is between €80.00 - €120.00. You can book or reserve a tee time at Olgiata Golf Club via Leading Courses by clicking the corresponding buttons on the top of the page.
What is the phone number of Olgiata Golf Club?
The phone number of Olgiata Golf Club is: +39 (0)6 30 889141.
Where is Olgiata Golf Club located?
Olgiata Golf Club is located in Lazio. The address of Olgiata Golf Club is: Largo Olgiata 15, Roma 00123
Does Olgiata Golf Club have a driving range?
Yes, there is a driving range at Olgiata Golf Club
Can you rent golf clubs at Olgiata Golf Club?
Yes, it is possible to rent golf clubs at Olgiata Golf Club.