The Club was founded in 1889 and at first played as a nine hole course laid out at the Town Gate of Sutton Park. In 1890 the Club moved to its current site near the Streetly Gate of the Park. 18 holes were laid out by 1893 and a Clubhouse was built a few years later on a freehold site outside the boundaries of the Park opposite the first tee.
Blue Course is a measured, shorter alternative course layout, with its own CSS rating. It is sometimes referred to by members as the 'Winter Course'. The Blue Course offers an interesting and different angle/perspective to the majority of tee shots and includes the use of two relief holes.
Most popular reviews of Sutton Coldfield Golf Club