By pressing here you are saving Fairhaven Golf Club to your bucket list.
About the club Fairhaven Golf Club
Fairhaven Golf Club was originally a 12-hole course situated on Fairhaven Lake in 1892 and established as a club in 1895. In 1924 the club moved half a mile inland to its present location, in what was then Lytham Hall Park. As the course was then very flat and there were no trees, J.A. Steer and James Braid created hills, hollows and bunkers that have characterised the layout ever since. Contrary to fable, there were never 365 bunkers, but there were certainly more than the current 118, as the original holes were filled with sand until 1939.
Dave Thomas, a multiple Ryder Cup player, was commissioned in 1977 to review the course and make recommendations for improvements. The results of that work are still visible today in the raised profile of the bunkers, the changed shapes of the greens, the general tightening up of the course and the spread of rhododendrons.
Throughout its history, the club has always strived for improvement and enhancement. Since 2003, the club has constructed new bunkers and subtly modified the course on the recommendation of the internationally renowned architect Donald Steel.
The golf course at Fairhaven Golf Club comprises of 18 holes at a par of 72 and 6950 yards (6355 meters) from the Blue (back) tees. The most difficult hole on the course is the 507 yards long par-5 fifteenth.
The parkland course is surrounded by mature trees and is known for its many bunkers and fast, but true greens.
Played on: 4 October 2019 Review date: 8 October 2019Handicap: 11
Played the course on a reciprocal deal from the Vale of Llangollen G.C. on 4th Oct 2019. A very warm & friendly welcome from Pro & Staff in the clubhouse & members that we chatted to, and especially the starter on the 1st tee. Weather was a bit wet but the course was in superb condition, perfectly presented and a real test but also very fair. Met Viv at the halfway house,…