San Andres Golf Club is the oldest golf club in Argentina. In their first course (near to the actual one) was played the first official golf match in Argentina (in 1894). The club's history is the same as many clubs of those times, being the reference point for the British community that settled in the country. Later, it was the Argentine-born kin of these pioneers that kept the communities' traditions alive. Today, when a vast majority of the members are Argentine born, many of the traditions of the British antecessors are still observed. The 18 holes golf course designed by Scottish Pro Mr. Mungo Park in 1907, is similar to the Jockey Club in its characteristics. This par 72 for Men and 73 for Ladies, is a typical British parkland of old ancient trees, with greens of medium size with smooth –hard to read- slopes. However, its short yardage of 6472, is mainly protected by the rough.