The Freudenstadt Golf Club was founded in 1929 and is one of the oldest and most traditional golf courses in Germany. Under the direction of the English golf course architect Wilson, a 7-hole course was initially built. However, the existing course was destroyed during the Second World War and the subsequent use of the course as a training ground for the stationed occupying troops. This is the reason why the Freudenstadt golfers have created a completely new 9-hole course. The golf course in Freudenstadt was ceremonially reopened on 12 July 1954.
A further milestone in the history of the Freudenstadt Golf Club was the expansion of the course to 18 holes in 1992. Under the direction of golf course architect Hannes Schreiner, who later built St. Leon Rot, among other things, the new holes around a riding stable were harmoniously integrated into the landscape.